Post Pics of your Leghorns

Pics
I have two brown leghorn pullets. Here they are as wee chicks (they were so cute!)

10133_img_5900.jpg

and here they are back in September.

10133_img_6766.jpg

10133_img_6796.jpg

They're quiet, sweet little girls.
smile.png
very pretty indeed. What is your roo? Is he a LH.....I've got the chance to get a free 7-8 wk old roo and am very curious as to their temperament. Can you and anyone else who has LH roosters help me out? I've got a small flock of 2 barred rocks, 2 RI reds, 2 Gold Comets, 2 silver laced wyndts (1 of those maybe a roo but at 6 wks I can't tell 4 sure) and 3 partridge wyndts. So if at anytime I can have him mix with the girls and come up with a hybrid. Most likely it would be with the silver laced wyndts and comets....woo~hoo!

If anyone knows of show/breeder quality Rose Comb Dark or Light Brown, Black, or Red LHs in or near Colorado, please PM me or post here. I had some ordered from Mr. Urch and his LHs are not laying this year.

I need to get rid of two roosters but I want to see what they look like
as an adult first... I was wondering if someone with leghorn experience could help me?
I was wanting to keep two males that had the best qualities to pass on to chicks, what should the comb look like?
all shown are single comb pearl white leghorns.
what should proper feathering look like?
anything else im missing? lol.

I need to get rid of two roosters but I want to see what they look like
as an adult first... I was wondering if someone with leghorn experience could help me?
I was wanting to keep two males that had the best qualities to pass on to chicks, what should the comb look like?
all shown are single comb pearl white leghorns.
what should proper feathering look like?
anything else im missing? lol.

I'm in SC and I would love 2 of your roos. lol. I bought 7 to start to breed next year but all mine I think are hens. Go figure. My are around 2 months old and signs at all of large wattles on any of them. They all look like this.

I picked up my free Brown LH the other day and he is finally settling in nicely. Of course my 1 & only adult hen (Hilary,a RI Red) likes to keep him knocked down a peg or 2. At 1st the other chicks were scared of him but as you can see they're "flocking" now. I've named him Rooster Cogburn, "Burnie" for short.
cool.png

This is Burnie (on the end) with the brood that's roughly his same age. I believe there's a 3 week difference.

and 1 more that shows his teal/green coming in on the tail.

That's my Boy!

I believe the Rooster in the background of Robin's Brood's picture is a silver laced Wyandotte.....is that right Robin? BTW Robin what are they eating? Is that canned pumpkin?

Last edited:

OK, got this guy and was told he was a redcap or an american traditional. Asked McMurray Hatchery what they thought and they said he looked like a leghorn. He is more black than red without the bright orange that the brown leghorn has. And the comb. He has a purple, green and blue shine to him, depending on his angle in the sun. His legs are white with a pink hue. Help. Would love to know what he is so I know what to expect from the crosses he will produce with the pure black australorp hens he is running with.

Back
Top Bottom