Post Pics of your Leghorns

Pics
Is this a leghorn chick?

I would like some honest opinions on whether or not my leghorns are worth breeding. I do not have a male and am deciding whether or not to get one. They are more mature now and just started laying. Pictures were taken about a month ago.

One seems to have a short tail. But the other in the pics with the nice long tail is very nice. I see a lot of people getting leghorns this year and the tails seem very short. I always look for really nice long tails.

Well I have you on this thread and you like them and someone on the leghorn thread saying they are too small and tails are carried at too high of an angle. Guess I will wait and see how they do at the show in Canfield.

I love your leghorns!!!! I think they are beautiful!! and the other poster also, People whom havent had the priv. of getting a nice mannered "leggern" have no Idea what theyre missin!!

Aldo

What is the S.O.P on them anyways, I do not show nor tend to... All I have ever gotten are hatchery stock, Ive heard pinched tails are a no, and fanned ones are a yes, and the opposite...This is one of mine which I've posted earlier and she is one of my only 2 and I think shes pretty good for "hatchery"

Back
Top Bottom