Post Pics of your Leghorns

Pics
The chick on the left is a Rhode Island Red I think, and the one on the right is a Brown Leghorn. Anyone know? The left was hatched from a brown egg and the right is from a white one. Our hens both layed eggs and the Leghorn hatched them. 4 white hatched but only 1 brown out of 12 hatched! :(

how prescious!!! A broody leghorn!!! i want one ofmy 2 leghorns to go broody, although I dont have a rooster but id buy some eggs lol they look aorable

Aldo

Well the one got DQ'd for her comb being split in the back. Didn't realize that was an issue. The other got third out of the three there. Oh well guess they will just continue being laying birds as they were intended. On the bright side everyone else did really well. I got champ. L.F. on my one brahma.
OK I have a white leghorn that is absoultely beautiful but sometimes she gets a bit dirty....how does one bathe a chicken??

I fill up a tub with warm water and dawn dish degergent (the kind the use to clean aimals during oil slicks) and just dip her in it up to her neck and move around the feathers llol

I fill up a tub with warm water and dawn dish degergent (the kind the use to clean aimals during oil slicks) and just dip her in it up to her neck and move around the feathers llol
Thanks Red
thumbsup.gif

OK I have a white leghorn that is absoultely beautiful but sometimes she gets a bit dirty....how does one bathe a chicken??
I take one bucket and fill it with soapy water. Then I just swish the bird around A LOT. If there are a bunch of stains or dirt a rag or tooth brush will suffice. Scrub the legs down with either or. Then I rinse them off. After the first wash I then move them to a bucket with bluing dye( white birds only ). This helps get stains out. Just wash in there for five or so minutes. Make sure the water is sky blue only otherwise you will have a purplish bluish bird to show. Then after that I dunk them in a bath with white vinegar in it to cut the soap. Then I take a towel and dry. There's tons more to do after a bath but that is the bath step in conditioning.

I take one bucket and fill it with soapy water. Then I just swish the bird around A LOT. If there are a bunch of stains or dirt a rag or tooth brush will suffice. Scrub the legs down with either or. Then I rinse them off. After the first wash I then move them to a bucket with bluing dye( white birds only ). This helps get stains out. Just wash in there for five or so minutes. Make sure the water is sky blue only otherwise you will have a purplish bluish bird to show. Then after that I dunk them in a bath with white vinegar in it to cut the soap. Then I take a towel and dry. There's tons more to do after a bath but that is the bath step in conditioning.
Thanks so much.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom