Post Pics of your Leghorns

Pics
You are SO welcome!.....I wish I had one... But cant find any here that are 18 wks old...I dont and baby chicks lol...NO time just started a new job ...Ive heard so many good things about them you wont be disappointed , if you ever have any questions feel free to ask me anytime!!!

Aldo

Tell me, what colors are white? My leghorn has white tufts by her head, but red beside the tufts. What are the ears? The red or the white tufts over the ears. I'm so confused. I have a leghorn that has one black feather ( a Wong feather ) so she is mixed with something so I want to know what she will lay. Can someone post a close up of a leg horn with white ears, and a white leghorn that will lay brown eggs? So I can compare and know what's going on with my girl. I would take a pic but my daughter has my camera for the week out of town.

the ear is the red part....This is a 100% leghorn

open up the second pic.... that white spot is the ear.....leghorns do not lay brown eggs... you might have a cross of some sort....If you get a pic it will be much easier to tell.

This is my Exchequer leghorn around 8 weeks old chick. What do you think? Pullet or cock? Conform for the standard?

the ear is the red part....This is a 100% leghorn open up the second pic.... that white spot is the ear.....leghorns do not lay brown eggs... you might have a cross of some sort....If you get a pic it will be much easier to tell.
I opened up the second set of pictures and yep there was my birds, red under and white tufts of hair on top. So does this mean white eggs?

as long as there is white skin below the white tufts..then yes...if its red under the white tufts then no

Here are four brown leghorns I purchased. They are about 4 1/2 weeks. Any guesses on sex? And why is one so golden? They all started out basically the same. Why does one bird(the golden) have white legs?

Above:this is the smallest. Smallest comb

Back
Top Bottom