Post Pics of your Leghorns

Pics
Left to right is lavender, black austrolopes, red sexlink, barred rock, brown leghorn and the next laying machines first egg brown leghorn.

I finally got some red leghorns! They are 3 months old, I paid for 4 pullets and was lucky enough that she had a cockerel that she threw in with them for free. I just got home with them, the lady had them caged and ready for me so I didn't get to pick them out but in the light from my cell phone, it looks like the cockerel has white earlobes and at least 2 of the pullets, one of the pullets had a nice tail. I will try to get some pics tomorrow.
I figure if all goes as planned and these birds make it to breeding age, I will hatch out tons of chicks from them and only keep the best and work on a show line. I plan to do some outcrossing to good buffs and browns to help improve type/size and all that good stuff

I finally got some red leghorns! They are 3 months old, I paid for 4 pullets and was lucky enough that she had a cockerel that she threw in with them for free. I just got home with them, the lady had them caged and ready for me so I didn't get to pick them out but in the light from my cell phone, it looks like the cockerel has white earlobes and at least 2 of the pullets, one of the pullets had a nice tail. I will try to get some pics tomorrow.
I figure if all goes as planned and these birds make it to breeding age, I will hatch out tons of chicks from them and only keep the best and work on a show line. I plan to do some outcrossing to good buffs and browns to help improve type/size and all that good stuff

NICE good job!! I like rred leggerns, I want lavender ones too, but from what ive seen is that they are crazy expensive

Al

Is it common for a white leghorns comb to flop over? one of my hens comb flopped over so just want to make sure its normal with their big combs? She is 19 weeks. and has been laying for aout a week now.

Is it common for a white leghorns comb to flop over? one of my hens comb flopped over so just want to make sure its normal with their big combs? She is 19 weeks. and has been laying for aout a week now.
It is common for their combs to droop to the side. My hens have been laying for two or three weeks now and a few of their combs are dooping. But only the ones with large combs, the rest have smaller combs that stay straight . But no worries its alright if their combs droop

It is common for their combs to droop to the side. My hens have been laying for two or three weeks now and a few of their combs are dooping. But only the ones with large combs, the rest have smaller combs that stay straight . But no worries its alright if their combs droop

yeah, her combs in really big. She just looks like she is having a bad hair day lol! Okay, glad everything is normal then :) Thankyou!

I do believe my frizzle is sitting on an egg from these two...should be interesting! :)

Back
Top Bottom