Post Pics of your Leghorns

Pics
It could be just a sinus infection or at worst Mycoplasma. Separate the chick from the others. I think the best thing would be to get some Terramycin eye ointment. If the eye has any discharge, wipe it gently with a clean cotton ball before putting ointment in the eye. Some tetracycline hydrochloride dispersible powder in the water at 1 tsp and a cup of cranberry juice per gallon as a fresh drinking solution each day should be given also. Vitamin c helps the absorption of "cycline" antibiotics and makes the water taste better. Do it for 5 days and see if there's improvement. If you see improvement in 3 days, continue treatment for 4 more days. Your local feed store should carry these products. Keep us posted on the chick's condition, and we'll go from there.

Do you all think my hens are Leghorns?

We have 3 beautiful white leghorn ladies. Dorothy, Rose and Blanche are almost 20 weeks old, yet to see the first egg. Hopefully soon! Will get some pics soon. They were very skittish for awhile but I have been spending a few minutes "chatting" with them when I feed them and they have calmed quite a bit. This is our first attempt at raising flock. It's been a pleasant experience so far. I have 3 year and 19 month old daughters who love to visit with them!

Last edited:
We have 3 beautiful white leghorn ladies. Dorothy, Rose and Blanche are almost 20 weeks old, yet to see the first egg. Hopefully soon! Will get some pics soon. They were very skittish for awhile but I have been spending a few minutes "chatting" with them when I feed them and they have calmed quite a bit. This is our first attempt at raising flock. It's been a pleasant experience so far. I have 3 year and 19 month old daughters who love to visit with them!
Welcome to the forum! I don't recommend them for beginners, but patience works with Leghorns. One of my favorite breeds.

welcome-byc.gif
I have quite a few. I have one that will follow me around when I go in there area. Always talking too. She's the runt, but a very loving bird. You will love the Leghorns.

Back
Top Bottom