Post Pics of your Leghorns

Pics

Ok , so we made a irrigation system using concrete and pipes, easy clean easy drain. but one thing that was not accounted for was the space in between the door and the irrigation... turns out it was big enough for the hens to creep under the door through the irrigation and into their neighboring runs..... RiRs were in with pearl white leghorns... and White leghorns in with RiRs. so I noticed that some of the whites that I had hatched had traits or RiRs.. black spots on head and darker beaks... Sold them to neighbors and hatch more chicks. This time it was a batch of RiR eggs... now some of the RiRs look to have traits of Pearl White Leghorns (maybe) I need help from experienced RiR breeders... Below are some pics of a RiR chick that I think is a cross breed... I want to keep it to see if they have the egg ability of the Pearl White Leghorn but the heartiness of the RiR. (That would be so cool!!!)

There is not Leghorn blood in those babys. Any mix with White Leghorn in first generation will produce only white birds, who may have some black or red speckles. Your babys are red with some light speckles, which is normal baby feathering for Production Reds.

There is not Leghorn blood in those babys. Any mix with White Leghorn  in first generation will produce only white birds, who may have some black or red speckles. Your babys are red with some light speckles, which is normal baby feathering for Production Reds.
Code:
ok so theres a high chance that the whites didnt mate with a RiR hen then?

They may be pure. Depends where your stock originated. Like for example Ideal hatchery keeps strain of white Leghorns, who are only white and do not have any black spots.
They have Ideal 236 hibreed, which is also white, but with some black spots. Their babys wil have black spots. They are very prolifick layers.
If your babys do not have red leaking, you can consider them pure.

Back
Top Bottom