Post Pics of your Leghorns

I want to get everyone's opinion on this little chick. I hatched her from a light tan colored egg that came from a barnyard mix. The breeder had Leghorn hens but no leghorn roosters and she clams her leghorn hens lay only white eggs. She was baffled by this chick also! A list of her Roos: BCM, OE, BR, SLW, EE & Sumatra
List of her hen: BCM, EE, BR, SLW, RSL, leghorn, NJ Giant & Sumatra

Could a leghorn lay a light tan egg?
5 wks old now, here is a new pic

Does she still have spots on her back?

I was talking on the facebook leghorn page..... They were saying that many different colors rooster, on a white leghorn hen, would make a white chick with a few black spots.

Maybe the reverse is true too. So, a white leghorn father on a brown hen of some kind.

They were saying that the problem is that white can cover so many other colors. It makes it impossible to know what else might be hiding in there.

Does she still have spots on her back?

I was talking on the facebook leghorn page..... They were saying that many different colors rooster, on a white leghorn hen, would make a white chick with a few black spots.

Maybe the reverse is true too. So, a white leghorn father on a brown hen of some kind.

They were saying that the problem is that white can cover so many other colors. It makes it impossible to know what else might be hiding in there.
Yes you can still see the spots, her feathers are not as smooth looking as the OE of the same age. I think she's just slow to feather?

Last edited:
Ok here are my 2 silver leghorns with a sicilian buttercup

and this roo is confusing me. The roo and hen look to have pale/white/pink legs. Are they pure leghorn and just have pale legs?

I guess the question would be what white feathered birds are there that have pink legs?

I personally have no idea.

As to egg laying, usually 20 weeks to 25 weeks is when pullets tend to start laying.

Back
Top Bottom