Post Pics of your Leghorns

nope.. have to test mate..

BUT  I have now committed to spending lots of money and getting eggs from a breeder with HOMOzygous for rose comb dark brown leghorn and white leghorns..

I am super excited!
Awesome!! I love rose comb leghorns. I used to have a pair of rc whites, but they never hatched any peeps, but both where some of the best show birds I have ever seen, the won or got reserve almost any show they'd been in.

I actually don't know...

brown over white and black...... it might be fun to see what you get.
Quote:
Maybe like light brown under color with white and black flecks. That would be amazing.

good luck.
Maybe like a Mille Fleur??? That would be VERY cool!
thumbsup.gif
Hopefully I'll find out this spring ... I'll be sure to post pics if I do!

I actually don't know...

brown over white and black...... it might be fun to see what you get.

Quote:

Maybe like light brown under color with white and black flecks. That would be amazing.

good luck.

Maybe like a Mille Fleur??? That would be VERY cool!   :thumbsup     Hopefully I'll find out this spring ... I'll be sure to post pics if I do!
That would be beautiful! I'd like to see em!

egg laying questions. I have a girl who is 19 weeks old. She is a Speckled Sussex/ White leghorn. When will she start laying? I put a nesting box in with her. She's been checking it out. I was thinking of adding some golf balls to the box. She is currently inside as she is one of the chicks I hatched and their coop wont be dont for another 2 weeks. She and the roosters will sing the egg song...so thinking she may be close? I can't remember when my leghorns or speckled Sussex started laying. I know the SS was one of the last ones to lay though.

Update picture of the Partridge Silkie/Brown leghorn :) He is 18 weeks old now and beautiful!

here he is at a few weeks old. think maybe 4?

18 weeks

Name is Olaf :)

Back
Top Bottom