Post Pics of your Leghorns

Moved some chicks to grow out pens in the shop today.
Black tailed reds, brown split to isabellas and cuckoos

I really like the Isabella color. One of my favorites.

One of my favorites too.
They seem to be pretty popular lately and not only with leghorn fans but with people that havent really be interested in leghorns before.
Thats exciting for the breed.

Very nice!!!

I am behind in setting everyone up in breeding pens... just divided them all up yesterday.

We've broke down all our breeding groups except a small group of brown split hens with an isabella rooster.
Eggs from them have been freezing solid faster then ive been able to collect them so think im done hatching till spring..

Above are some project leghorn bantams. Top picture is my bantam Mille fleur hen with her cockerel from a light brown cock. There is also a pure light brown hen and a blue laced red project pullet.

I've been working on making single combed and rose combed blue laced red and also blue light brown leghorn bantams. So far so good. The cockerel has decent type and lacing. The BLR pullets have great pattern on the front half but nothing on the backs. The bottom pullet is more of a blue light brown with decent type but pattern needs refined

Above are some project leghorn bantams. Top picture is my bantam Mille fleur hen with her cockerel from a light brown cock. There is also a pure light brown hen and a blue laced red project pullet.

I've been working on making single combed and rose combed blue laced red and also blue light brown leghorn bantams. So far so good. The cockerel has decent type and lacing. The BLR pullets have great pattern on the front half but nothing on the backs. The bottom pullet is more of a blue light brown with decent type but pattern needs refined

Nice projects.
BLR leghorns. Now thats thinking outside the box. Congrats because i know how involved that is.
Im working on getting the blue color on LF leghorns. I think the solid blue will look pretty nice but also wanting the blue on lt browns. Seen that combo on another breed once and really admired it.
Keep up the good work

Back
Top Bottom