Post Pics of your Leghorns

I have enjoyed seeing all of the different Leghorns. I have 6 that I bought early last summer that were supposed to be Brown Leghorns but I'm still not sure. I have them in with some of my pure RIR's. Someone has started laying brown eggs but I'm not sure who. Whoever it is won't lay in the nest box and insists on laying on the ground. Still waiting and watching for white eggs. They were hatched in June.

Almost looks like a dark Wheaten. I am partial to Wheaten.

She's buff but ya that wheaten pattern is really showing through.
Im going to see what i can do to lose the buff and pull the wheaten pattern out.
I can see a wheaten/ blue wheaten pen in my future.

I have enjoyed seeing all of the different Leghorns. I have 6 that I bought early last summer that were supposed to be Brown Leghorns but I'm still not sure. I have them in with some of my pure RIR's. Someone has started laying brown eggs but I'm not sure who. Whoever it is won't lay in the nest box and insists on laying on the ground. Still waiting and watching for white eggs. They were hatched in June.

My Brown Leghorns turned out to be Partridge Rocks. The are laying brown eggs. Now I'll have to start all over again.

Back
Top Bottom