Post Pics of your Leghorns

Yea they are supposed to have yellow legs but like all dark breeds they tend to have darker legs. The pullet has yellow on her legs.

Just for comparison's sake:
Champ%20Light%20Breed%20Btm%20Black%20Leghorn%20Plt%20Brown%20Family%20IMG_2760.JPG

I dont have any leghorns now but in the past I had a pair of exchequers back when McKinney was selling them. I also had barred leghorns that came from an APA judge, the birds had horrible type and looked more rock that leghorn, the rooster was ok but the hens even layed light brown eggs. I tried doing red leghorns but couldnt get any to live, after 3 orders of 25 chicks from 3 places and all but 2 died I figured it wasnt meant to be. The 2 that did live looked more like production reds with some white in the earlobes. I would love to see some blue light brown leghorns or crele leghorns. My madre has a crele bantam pullet that looks leghorn, she is 1/2 barred leghorn, 3/8 light brown phoenix, and 1/8 crele OEGB (she is from the crele phoenix project) but she hatched out with bright yellow legs. She looks more of an inbetween of a phoenix and leghorn but with a golden crele color.
There are so many colors that would be awesome to see in leghorns, some are in the standard already and others are only in my head, LOL. Like columbian leghorns are in the standard but I have never seen one, not even a picture. One that is in the UK are the mottled brown (I forget the color name), they are light brown with mottling and I saw them on feathersite. Laced leghorns would be great too.

oh what a stunning roo. I'm not really a fan of the breed, but I would not mind a hen or two in the laying flock, just to mix it up.

someone said my EE could be a leghorn cross. look at the flopy comb, and her tail. she layed well right after I got her, but the only other birds I had were chicks and she went brood on me. I'm hoping she'll start laying again soon. she is mean, but a good mama

Anyone have any new pics of their birds or anyone have any pics to add??
Or do you have a rarer color or project color breeding??

Back
Top Bottom