Post Pics of your Leghorns

Pics
My brown Leghorn cockerel is absolutely pretty!(er handsome) but he has the most awful crow ever!!!!!!!!
lol.png
gig.gif

I couldn't figure out what was making that awful racket, and then I saw him do it one evening! Poor guy!

I tried to take a current pic of him, but he ran away in shame I guess!!
SANY1115.JPG

Anyone on here have Silver Leghorns? I am sure they are very rare, even more rare would be the Rose Comb Silvers. Know of any breeders that have them or any pictures of them?
I love that color pattern and would look gorgeous on a Big Leghorn if bred well.

Murray McMurray hatchery sells Silver Leghorns but i dont know their quality. They are one of a few varieties that are really rare.

Quote:
I am working on the Large Silvers. I have a single comb male that I am crossing on a rose comb female. I have only a half dozen eggs in the incubator as well and will continue to hatch for a little while longer. I don't have time right now to post pictures, but will eventually.

David

cool i love the silver variety in general would be awe some to see some good quality Silvers in the US. Dan those hens are georgeous i wish i could obtain some like those. are they american type?

We have large silvers.We like the big leghorn combs so no interest in making the rose comb variety-I'll leave that for someone else

Quote:
I am not making the rose comb variety, but am trying to keep them from going extinct. They are a standard leghorn variety admitted into the APA standard in 1981. They are very rare. I am also working with a few other rare varieties as well.

David

hi there,

my name is moon and i'm not sure what i am. can anyone tell me if i belong here? i am 2 months old today and i have a single comb, yellow legs, and no markings on my feathers at all. i'm pretty sure i was a packing peanut. if i'm not a white leghorn, does anyone have any ideas where i might belong?

Back
Top Bottom