Post Pics of your Leghorns

Pics
Thanks Bob.I got my start with both George Rex,s blood line and Marcus Davidson. I asked Marcus where he got his original stock and he told me about 1912 from Monmouth Farm.I have Monmouth Farm catalog of that same time and they were good,I understand why he picked them.Monmouth had won best pen at Madison Square Garden 5 years in a row,something no one else had ever done not even D,W.Young or E.B.Thompson. I am not sure where Monomouth got their start but about 1906 August D.Arnold the importer from England sold out and Monmouth started about that same time. Geo.Rex was a close friend of Marcus and specialized in Buff Leghorns,Rex liked a bit richer buff and started before Davidson.I do not know where Rex got his start,but here again Harry Lamon sold out about the time Rex started.Would love to hear from anyone with more history that could fill in some of the gaps.An old timer: Bruce Lenzt,was kind enough to give me much info many years ago.

here's my leghorn, Junebug (june for short) i got her from a 7th grade embryology project.... turns out she's almost perfect for her breed, seeing as she got and award for best standard hen at a show last year! i'm taking her to the northeastern poultry congress (anyone ever heard of it?) and i hope she does well at such a big show!

52086_dscn5031.jpg

One of my ladies today, they are gonna be 2 this spring. They molted this past fall around 19-20 months of age. Didn't drop all their feathers at once, just shed a few and grew a few, eventually they had nice pretty tails again and their bodies were pure white again (before the roo got them that is!)
IMG00807-20110216-1536.jpg

They were lookin pretty ratty (pic from October)
SANY1217.JPG

Last edited:
Here are some of my LF SC Light Brown Leghorns

Here is one of my males I am breeding with this year

76593_100_1118.jpg

Here are a few of my hens, they didnt want to cooperate with the picture taking but you can kinda see their good coloring.

76593_100_1124.jpg

76593_100_1128.jpg

I will have eggs for sale if anyone is interested !!

Quote:
Sure Dan Honour has very good SC LF Buff Leghorns. You can also send a message to Jake Mashburn alias Keith Bjelland. He has also very good animals and also bred from birds from the strain of Dan Honour. He has some birds he would getting sold.
Write him a message here https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/message_send.php?id=46788

Greetings
Arie van Bijsterveldt

This is a SC American type Buff Leghorn Bantam male of me from 2009.
49606_p1060644.jpg

Back
Top Bottom