Post Pics of your Leghorns

Pics
I love my WLH's. They are so sweet and full of personality and their athleticism is remarkable to watch. For every negative attribute about leghorns you can find, I can find a countless number of posts where someone is asking for help for the same behavior in another breed. Also, I have noticed those who post negative comments about leghorns actually don't list ownership in their signature lines- that does mean they've never owned them but at the end of the day any chickens behavior is going to be a reflection on the level of socialization the owner brings to the flock.

Here's a pic of my three of my girls. Their combs and waddles are much bigger now.

83267_three_wlhs.jpg

Also, I have noticed those who post negative comments about leghorns actually don't list ownership in their signature lines- that does mean they've never owned them but at the end of the day any chickens behavior is going to be a reflection on the level of socialization the owner brings to the flock.

Boy is THAT statement a stretch. So because I don't have anything in my signature line means I don't own chickens?
roll.png

Here are mine: They are FOR SALE if anyone is interested. 1 hen 2 roos Will ship.

989deafa.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Boy is THAT statement a stretch. So because I don't have anything in my signature line means I don't own chickens?
roll.png

Here are mine: They are FOR SALE if anyone is interested. 1 hen 2 roos Will ship.

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad198/HorseFeathersFarm/989deafa.jpg

A: No. I did not say that if there were no breeds at all included in the signature line then the poster doesn't own chickens- that's not even reasonable.

Quote:
roll.png

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad198/HorseFeathersFarm/989deafa.jpg

A: No. I did not say that if there were no breeds at all included in the signature line then the poster doesn't own chickens- that's not even reasonable.

I agree with Henny. . .

I've got a pair of Leghorns, and I like them. I'm just not sure if I'm going to breed them.
Mitch

I thought I would post a pic of my Brown Leghorn girl. She has gone broody twice this season and has been a wonderful mom. Having these chicks has made her much less flighty! Here she is with her 2 chicks.

55771_sam_0625.jpg

First night on the roost with the babies!

55771_sam_0649.jpg

we just picked up 1 cockeral and 4 pullets today that are light brown leghorn bantams- my DS(9) is raising them for his 4-H project. Will have to get a pick of them tomorrow, they seem to be settling in so far. Now off to do some reading of the thread!

Quote:
don't know why they call them Brown if they are based on WildType...
hmm.png

That is what that variety of Leghorns is called. More specifically, Light Brown Leghorns. Never mind, I misunderstood your post...
ETA: They were given this name before all this genetic crap started...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom