Post Pics of your Leghorns

Pics
Quote:
don't know why they call them Brown if they are based on WildType...
hmm.png

Not sure what you are talking about?

Its just another way of describing the coloration, its like the birds in the wild.

Looking for a couple BIG white leghorn hens. As you know I'm breeding the mille fleur variety and need to improve weight and type. I'm in California but would be willing to have them shipped. Does anyone know who I should contact? THANKS SO MUCH!

Quote:
You want some exhibition Whites, they'll have the size you'll need...
I can take a look around for you.

Oh wow, I sure appreciate it

Talk to Danny Feathers, I think he has Whites, or he'll at least know who does..

Quote:
Oh wow, I sure appreciate it

Talk to Danny Feathers, I think he has Whites, or he'll at least know who does..

Thanks punky

had the weirdest thing happen yesterday. I took the 3 roos out of the grow out pen and took them to the ranch where the can crow to their hearts content. So I have 5 girls left in the pen at the house and one started trying crow. I'll take a picture but sure looks like a hen to me. SHE tried to crow again today

Mille Fleur Leghorn photo album 10.17.11 They are 4 1/2 - 6 1/2 months old - all the ladies are on the younger side. I know they need work, especially the ladies tails, but this is turning out to be a fun project!

Up close of the feathers

41441_mfl_feathers.jpg

Family photo - looks like 6 roos/5 ladies

41441_mfl_family_photo.jpg

Roos

41441_mfl_roos.jpg

Pullet #1 - This is the one that I thought for sure was a hen, but the day after I removed the roos from the pen, she was crowing, I'm not just talking a crow wanna be but a REAL CROW

41441_mfl_hen_or_roo.jpg

Pullet #2

41441_mfl_hen2.jpg

Pullet #3
41441_mfl_hen1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom