Post Pics of your Leghorns

Pics
Here is my Single Comb Brown Leghorn rooster.

110241_003.jpg

There. It's much bigger now
smile.png
Still a little blurry though...

Last edited:
My Buff hen, I plan on putting her under my Platinum Sumatra cockerel to try and find out if she's carrying the Dun gene as well.

IMG_5425.jpg

Quote:
Hi Jeremy, this is the only Buff Leghorn you have?
Or she's carrying the Dun gene, I do not know. What I do see in the picture, is that she has color outgrowth.
She has white in the chest, shoulders and the tail ends. I would almost bet that its down color is white.
Correct me if it is not so please, it's always hard to tell from a photograph.

If you want to do the test with the Platinum Sumatra cockerel, and this hen has color outgrowth, you'd better use another hen with even deeper buff color.

Also consider the topic at BYC Breeding Buff Leghorns. Here is the link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=295163
Maybe
Danne J. Honour can tell you more about the Dun gene.

If you are breeder of Buff Leghorns please send me your data. I am taking stock of the situation of the breed.
The Buff Leghorns are becoming very rare and we would like to know were the Buff Leghorns are.
Send me your data in a PM and all people who are on our list can become a copy when its ready.

Greetings Arie

Here a picture of my American type Buff Leghorn Bantams.
49606_p1070302.jpg

Quote:
Hi Jeremy,

Do you still have this Buff Leghorn male?
It looks he has a very good comb. How is his color now he is matured?
If you still have him, try to breed from him with the Buff Leghorn hens you have.
Do you have a picture from him now he is matured?

Greetings Arie

Frederick Co. Maryland had a show Saturday and there were 2 white rosecomb bantam pullets there. They were elegant. Sorry, no pictures.
I'd love to see more rosecombs on here.

Quote:
Hi Jeremy, this is the only Buff Leghorn you have?
Or she's carrying the Dun gene, I do not know. What I do see in the picture, is that she has color outgrowth.
She has white in the chest, shoulders and the tail ends. I would almost bet that its down color is white.
Correct me if it is not so please, it's always hard to tell from a photograph.

If you want to do the test with the Platinum Sumatra cockerel, and this hen has color outgrowth, you'd better use another hen with even deeper buff color.

Also consider the topic at BYC Breeding Buff Leghorns. Here is the link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=295163
Maybe
Danne J. Honour can tell you more about the Dun gene.

If you are breeder of Buff Leghorns please send me your data. I am taking stock of the situation of the breed.
The Buff Leghorns are becoming very rare and we would like to know were the Buff Leghorns are.
Send me your data in a PM and all people who are on our list can become a copy when its ready.

Greetings Arie

Here a picture of my American type Buff Leghorn Bantams.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/49606_p1070302.jpg

Beutiful buff, birds nice type.
cheers,

Last edited:
I finally got around to snagging a couple pics of my crazy rose comb brown leghorn hen, she is the one I got at a swap and is hatchery stock. She is just getting done laying for now, her legs are all washed out looking.

Back
Top Bottom