Post Pics of your Leghorns

Pics
He is not my male the German Buff Rooster, he belongs to my friend at the west coast who imported all these birds. I use to have real nice pics on my cellphone from all his imports, I have to find a way to get them on my computer...... use to be able to email them from my phone but our new email program wont let me save the pics.

Out of his pair of buffs(german roo over american hen) he gave me 4 eggs to hatch since he didn't have luck hatching anything of theirs last year or had bad luck loosing the few chicks he did get chicks to predation. I hatched 2 chicks and yay they turned into a pair!

Is your friend on the West Coast in Canada or the US?

I had two white bantam Leghorn hens - now one. She's awesome, in all respects. Someday...I would love to get a trio of white bantam Leghorns.

Here's my white one, just today:

dust bathing in the carrot patch last summer:

I had two white bantam Leghorn hens - now one. She's awesome, in all respects. Someday...I would love to get a trio of white bantam Leghorns.

Here's my white one, just today:

dust bathing in the carrot patch last summer:

Beautiful hen! The bantam whites are very pretty aren't they? She looks like she's enjoying herself!

Last edited:
100x100px-ZC-90290c4c_Chickensandmypoolredfacehehe0031.jpeg
This is my boy Hans. He is father figure for all this years babies.

Anyone sell chicks / started chicks / sexed chicks? Any color would be fine, white, cream, er, welsummer-y color...
hide.gif
OK i'm not good at what colors they come in, but if you sell any that you can ship or are in AK, please PM / post here, would be interested for chicks this winter (yes winter if thats not a problem)

Leghorns, oh my. So many things to be said about their personalities. I am absolutely smitten by browns, though. Brown leghorn roosters are just so gorgeous (lovely pictures posted above, too, btw).

Here's a few of my pullets/cockerels.

If this thread is still alive, I spent the entire day reading it and am interested in learning more about all the LF varieties, particularly silver, brown, and mille fleur. I have only recently returned to chickens and at the moment have just 7 girls, all hatchery produced, a RIR, a blue Cochin, and 5 Speckled Sussex. I am working toward being able to begin a directed breeding program, hopefully next spring, and am enamored of Leghorns and Sussex. Since I live in CO I suspect rose combed leghorns would fare better here. Is there anyone willing to mentor me in one of the Leghorn varieties long distance? I anticipate my start to be small, but would really like to be able to consult with someone familiar with correct type and color so I don't produce offspring which add the wrong characteristics to the breed.

Last edited:
I can do my best to help. I got rose combed 'light brown' leghorns from mcmurray this spring and they are way too dark. The type is ok on them but nothing compared to the single combed girls I had. I will keep an eye on this thread, ask any questions you want and I'll do my best to help

Thank you very much! I was surprised to see McMurray offering other than White LHs and have toyed with the idea of ordering some next spring. Is type desired consistent across all colors, so the only difference between them is the coloration?

Back
Top Bottom