Post Pics of your Leghorns

Pics
I just inherited a beautiful buff Leghorn that was being given away due to diminished egg laying ability. She is 2 years old, how many eggs can I expect her to lay? I know someone that took in 6 hens for the same reason and they have ended up averaging 5 eggs a day from them! So I' m hoping I get that lucky with her as I am still seeking a white egg layer. Also anyone out there with Leghorn hatching eggs I am interested, especially in color varieties other than white!

These pics of my F3 Mille Fleur Leghorns are from Sept 8th, They have grown so much and so many nice ones to choose from. I'll try to get current pics this weekend - I'd love to get everyones opinions on which roosters to keep, I'll submit for your ideas as soon as I can

thanks for telling me or i probably would have entered it in a show as a brown leghorn.
You're welcome. I would also caution you about showing that white also. At large show it may not do to well, since it is a commercial type Leghorn. There is nothing there to disqualify it, but exhibition leghorns and commercial Leghorns are very different. Unless you just plan on showing at a small county fair of course, then it may not matter a whole lot, and of course she will be a great egg layer for you.
I don't mean to discourage you from showing!!! I encourage to get to a large show if you can so you can see the difference between show type and commercial white Leghorns.

Here is a project Barred Leghorn I am working on with a friend.
Nice..... I need some of those to make sexlinks..... are they good layers like a WL? That part is important to me..... egg laying is why I have chickens
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom