*Post pictures of your duck pen/coop!!* :)

halecards

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
I've got 6 ducklings and I'd like some ideas for a good duck pen/coop. Thanks!!!
smile.png

Our ducks have a good sized duck barn actually and our natural pond is fenced in... (and yes that is a mailbox outside the barn - kids got their grandfather to install that).
smile.png

84017_outside_may_17_2011_012.jpg

There is a "duck-door" cut into the normal door so they can walk in and out as they please without us having to leave the regular door open all day (the wind blows it back and forth).

Last edited:
Here's mine at current. Still have to finish up much more stuff, including the green roof.

IMG_6069.JPG

After building a full sized walk in coop for the chickens, I wanted something less imposing so I just did a short duck hut. I figure they're only in it during the night through the year, so no point in doing more.

I've got a grey stain/sealer to go over it and make it look aged and then will be trimming it in 2x4 material split either down the center or cut in strips, depending on where it'll be.

Quote:
Check this one...the chicken wire holds up pretty well with LOTS of snow!It has bowed some but for now it works until we put fencing on top.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/57454_lawn_and_birds_005.jpg

I really like your set-up... gathering ideas before my big endeavor. How big is it?

The run is 18 x 25

Here's another pic...we haven't finished it but it's functioning right now
smile.png

57454_037.jpg

Here's a pic before we added the house...
57454_duckrun.jpg

Last edited:

This is my new duck house I just recently finished making it. I haven't mad the run yet but plan to do it VERY soon.

Last edited:

Our girls' little house and pen in the garden, although most of the time they're in my flower beds!
smile.png

Still got a couple of things to paint on the house then its finished!
They also have two other pools dotted around the garden. They seem happy.

That is so cute! my only question is ventilation? i cannot see the whole thing so possibly you have that covered, just making sure.. as ducks are very wet creatures even without food/water over night!

This is our "duckshaw" that we built to raise a large group of pekins to market size last year. This year, it'll be for sending ducklings outside that are large enough to swim on their own.

It's made to be sprayed out daily and cleaned, then moved to a new patch of grass. It's had some adjustments made to it (the food hopper removed and replaced with a regular feeder that can be fully removed was one major adjustment). It worked great!

Here's another house we made last year. It opens from the top and is wired for a head lamp in the box area. Worked for my pet ducklings for a long time.

And the last house: We used this as a shelter for the nights or if a storm was coming in. It fits about 6 large ducks inside comfortably. We're converting it into a chicken coop on stilts surrounded with half buried wire and filled with straw as a base and a ramp that can be attached. We installed vents on the sides since this photo was taken too.

I want one large, cheap yet long lasting duck pen/chicken coop solution that we can DIY though, been looking at ideas lately. Love the ideas here for sure!

this is my kiddos set up.
4 call ducks, 3 silkies. and 6 peas coexist in it for now.
hoping to get the ducks and chickens their own pen this summer.
it is just one of those sheds from lowes. and while it works I HATE IT. the track gets clogged up all the time with bedding. but does hold heat in winter. .
the pen is 8 feet high , and not sure on the other measurements

No, no spray. The smell goes away after a cleaning with the hose nozzle on "jet" setting and moving the thing every few days to a new spot. Funny, the grass grows extra fast and green under spots where the coop rested for a few days.

I'm still in the process of finishing it so there's a mess but this is what I did
the best part about it was it was all free you'd b amazed what u find in the dumpster at construction sites

Back
Top Bottom