Post your Chick Pictures Here!!!

We recently bought two purebred straight-run chicks. One is a barnevelder and the other a light sussex. They were about one and a half weeks old when we got them and had not been handled much by their previous owners, so it is taking a while for them to warm up to us.

This is the barnevelder. We have only had him/her for a day but we are already suspecting that he's a roo. He carry's himself very high and he struts around like he owns the place and he is very bossy towards the LS. You can't really see in this photo but he has tiny little lumps on the back of his legs which we think could be the beginning of spurs? Most signs are pointing towards a roo but i have done a little research and I am wondering if the feathers are to Lacey to be a roo? Does anybody have experience with this breed and are able to give some suggestions? We were really looking forward to having a barnevelder pullet :(

This is our LS. She is very quiet and maybe even a little on the plump side :p we are hoping that the LS is a girl and she seems to be acting like it, the only thing is she has the same little lumps on the back of her legs as the barnevelder and when I say little I do mean little, they are barley noticeable. However I don't think we will be able to tell wether it's a boy or a girl until it either lays an egg or starts to crow. Because the feather pattern is much the same on a pullet as it is a roo.

Back
Top Bottom