Silkies

honeyb711

Songster
7 Years
Jun 30, 2016
QLD Australia
Hi, I've been a member here for awhile, but have not been active for a number of years. We have recently added a group of rescue silkies to our family, first time keeping silkies. We have pretty much just left them alone to settle, feeding & watering as needed, but just leaving them be. After about 2wks, we started getting an egg a day, now a few weeks later, we are getting 4-5 eggs almost everyday, & the chickens now approaching us for pats & treats.

All has been great, until 4 days ago when I noticed one of our girls is broody & has not left the coop. So whilst I have spent so much extra time out there each day since, trying to coax her out, Ive actually noticed one of the other hens...may in fact be a rooster....which is what I'm here for, as I just wanted to confirm if she is in fact a he 🥴

Attachments

• IMG_20240226_065333.jpg
    IMG_20240226_065333.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
Thanks guys x I was pretty certain, but just wanted to confirm. This gorgeous babe came with 5 other rescue hens, but was seriously injured as a young chick before we got them, I don't know all the details but a rooster got it, & there has been a permanent limp since. 'She' is my fav though...her name was Cinderella 😅 He will now be Cinderfella 🥴

At almost 6months old though, I imagine he going to start crowing...& that makes me sad, as due to council regulations & horrible whingy neighbours, he likely won't be able to stay 😔

Back
Top Bottom