post your chicken coop pictures here!

Wow didn't realize that was a shipping crate! Sorry, I'm oblivious, I just saw your coop and thought wow that's a nice looking coop but i didn't connect the dots with the names when you replied and didn't realize it was yours lol

Anyway, nice coop :)

No problem and thank you.

Here is the reason that I'm currently building a new coop and run. This setup was given to me via a Facebook group that I belong to. It is way too small for these four girls, I know. The new one will be much larger for them, plus some bunkmates coming in March!

Last edited:
It's all done!
1f606.png
So happy right now. Just wish weather was good enough to paint. At least the girls will have more room now. Hmmm...maybe more chickens! Lol

Very nice!
If you want to keep it from warping I would paint the outside wood asap or at least cover it with tarp in rainy weather if painting is impossible for now. The elements can ruin a job that was well done. We listen to advance weather reports to let us know when we need to prepare.
FYI - we kept some of our straw, feed, oyster shell, etc, in heavy duty plastic trash cans and mice (or rats) chewed right through thick plastic barrels to get inside. We switched to 10-lb and 20-lb metal locking pails to store anything for the chickens now and so far so good. Mice and rats can chew right through stucco or solid wood too if they smell food on the other side. Large predators are dangerous to chickens but these little rodent pests are a real nuisance and mess for us humans!

Here is the reason that I'm currently building a new coop and run. This setup was given to me via a Facebook group that I belong to. It is way too small for these four girls, I know. He new one will be much larger for them, plus some bunkmates coming in March!
What sweeties! They really want out, don't they? Do you give them some free-range time meantime? My back ached whenever we had to hunch down to clean our old coop so we made sure the new coop was tall enough for us to clean out without having to hunch over
lol.png

Very nice!
If you want to keep it from warping I would paint the outside wood asap or at least cover it with tarp in rainy weather if painting is impossible for now.  The elements can ruin a job that was well done.  We listen to advance weather reports to let us know when we need to prepare.
FYI - we kept some of our straw, feed, oyster shell, etc, in heavy duty plastic trash cans and mice (or rats) chewed right through thick plastic barrels to get inside.  We switched to 10-lb and 20-lb metal locking pails to store anything for the chickens now and so far so good.  Mice and rats can chew right through stucco or solid wood too if they smell food on the other side.  Large predators are dangerous to chickens but these little rodent pests are a real nuisance and mess for us humans!

Been watching the weather like crazy while I built it. So far so good in the rain, no warping but some swelling. If it dries up for a few days is getting paint.

Fortunately haven't had any rodents since we first moved in 6 years ago, git a great outdoor cat.
1f600.png
1f43a.png

Back
Top Bottom