post your chicken coop pictures here!

So you breed them then? That's great! I love GSDs, I've always wanted one but my dad thinks they're aggressive. One day. Lol
We do breed in a sense, but we don't buy dogs just for breeding purposes and run a massive operation.
smile.png
I've just always had German Shepherds as my pet of choice, so we have 2 as our personal pets which have great genetics, so we just don't separate them when it's that time. As for aggression...that's mostly a stigma lol. Every German Shepherd that I've ever had has basically been the definition of loyalty, intelligence, and huge teddy bears. Our male is protective over the family and is wary of strangers, but the female is part of the greeting squad for newcomers lol. I hope you get to experience the joy of owning one one day! I've had other breeds of dog, but I always come back to GSDs.

We do breed in a sense, but we don't buy dogs just for breeding purposes and run a massive operation. :)  I've just always had German Shepherds as my pet of choice, so we have 2 as our personal pets which have great genetics, so we just don't separate them when it's that time. As for aggression...that's mostly a stigma lol. Every German Shepherd that I've ever had has basically been the definition of loyalty, intelligence, and huge teddy bears. Our male is protective over the family and is wary of strangers, but the female is part of the greeting squad for newcomers lol. I hope you get to experience the joy of owning one one day! I've had other breeds of dog, but I always come back to GSDs.

Oh that's awesome :)

Yeah, they seem like great dogs. Never met that many but for some reason I've had/have lots of different online friends with them, whether just as a pet or a few have done sports with them, and they seem like incredible dogs! And gorgeous too. I really want one lol that's interesting the different personalities. I wonder if that's a gender thing or more of just and individual dog/genetics or line thing? Thanks, I really hope I can too.

We have a Black Lab/Great Pyrenees mix now and he's really protective of the property/cars and us and I'm not sure I like it, he can be a little too protective, though not aggressive, but I think with proper training a protective dog would be fine and maybe they'd be less protective than him? We didn't really research the breed, just saw a cute puppy lol then puppy classes/socialization we never got around to so yeah, i say it's largely our fault. But once people come in the house and off property he is fine and he LOVES people, the Lab half I guess, but he just likes to make a lot of noise first.

Now I remember! -- the neighbor who ate your last flock!  That was so weird and unbelievable -- must've thought he could save on his grocery bill while eating up the money you put into your flock -- some people!  You have some farm equipt in your field that the poultry can hide under - raptors won't go after hiding hens even when they can see them.  Raptors don't seem to fight on the ground w/ their prey -- they prefer swooping down w/ talons and grabbing like the fish you mentioned.  3 Labs!  That's great!

I can't blame my old neighbor he lost his mind literally, but because of him I really predictor proofed my coop , so something good did come out of it. I was shocked and stumped at first , it wasn't till the new neighbors bought the house next door that's when we figured out what happened he had 12 of my chickens in the freezer. I was upset, but it happens. My new neighbors are yunger than me I'm 40 so I won't have that problem again. And now my coop is all the way fenced in and all around. Lol

I can't blame my old neighbor he lost his mind literally, but because of him I really predictor proofed my coop , so something good did come out of it. I was shocked and stumped at first , it wasn't till the new neighbors bought the house next door that's when we figured out what happened he had 12 of my chickens in the freezer. I was upset, but it happens. My new neighbors are yunger than me I'm 40 so I won't have that problem again. And now my coop is all the way fenced in and all around. Lol

We have lot's of oak tree's that boare our property and the neighbors have a bunch to no fence and the neighbor on the other side has lIke 20 acers of orange grove. Haven't lost one yet. Thank goodness.

Oh that's awesome :)

Yeah, they seem like great dogs. Never met that many but for some reason I've had/have lots of different online friends with them, whether just as a pet or a few have done sports with them, and they seem like incredible dogs! And gorgeous too. I really want one lol that's interesting the different personalities. I wonder if that's a gender thing or more of just and individual dog/genetics or line thing? Thanks, I really hope I can too.

We have a Black Lab/Great Pyrenees mix now and he's really protective of the property/cars and us and I'm not sure I like it, he can be a little too protective, though not aggressive, but I think with proper training a protective dog would be fine and maybe they'd be less protective than him? We didn't really research the breed, just saw a cute puppy lol then puppy classes/socialization we never got around to so yeah, i say it's largely our fault. But once people come in the house and off property he is fine and he LOVES people, the Lab half I guess, but he just likes to make a lot of noise first.

I have 3 black lab's now and we duck, goose, deer and pig hunt so I love them ,I trained dolphins for a living for 10 years from the age of 14 till I was 24 and dog's are smart and most aI'm to please especially if u teach them what u want and can have a way for them to understand. Before I got married 10 years ago I had a mix from a friend she was a roadision ridge back mixed with a red nose pit bull. I adopted her , from a friend who's brother would breed them for size and aggression. I didn't agree so I took her inn . She was awesome. It took me about a year but she was so cool after that. Great dog . All they need is time and effort to understand why they do what they do. In my opinion.

I have 3 black lab's now and we duck, goose, deer and pig hunt so I love them ,I trained dolphins for a living for 10 years from the age of 14 till I was 24 and dog's are smart and most aI'm to please especially if u teach them what u want and can have a way for them to understand. Before I got married 10 years ago I had a mix from a friend she was a roadision ridge back mixed with a red nose pit bull. I adopted her , from a friend who's brother would breed them for size and aggression. I didn't agree so I took her inn . She was awesome. It took me about a year but she was so cool after that. Great dog . All they need is time and effort to understand why they do what they do. In my opinion.

Wow, you hunt a lot of different things! I love Labs and I think I'll always have one or a retriever of some kind. We had a yellow Lab before him and a Golden Retriever before that (dont really remember him, i was young). Wow i am jealous you got to train dolphins! But wow that's awesome! And pretty impressive that with training she didnt become aggressive. Who breeds a dog specifically to be aggressive? :( and very true. I need to remember and practice that more. His breed is supposed to be protective so it's in his instincts

Wow, you hunt a lot of different things! I love Labs and I think I'll always have one or a retriever of some kind. We had a yellow Lab before him and a Golden Retriever before that (dont really remember him, i was young). Wow i am jealous you got to train dolphins! But wow that's awesome! And pretty impressive that with training she didnt become aggressive. Who breeds a dog specifically to be aggressive? :( and very true. I need to remember and practice that more. His breed is supposed to be protective so it's in his instincts
guard dog's

Back
Top Bottom