post your chicken coop pictures here!

Thanks for catching that! That is a great idea! On that note do you think I should waterproof the hatch to the nesting box? Do the hens mind getting wet if it rains?
You want the interior as dry as possible. Prevents mold and rot longterm.
And
welcome-byc.gif
WISHING YOU BEST.

New coop for the girls. Built onto side of our shed so they have a place out of weather and not have to stay in smaller coop that I originally built when I got them.

What brand did you get? I was thinking about this too
https://therealsurvivalist.com/prod...lm-solar-charged-led-bulb?variant=35346059654

This is where I ordered mine. I'm just using mine right now for when I need to do evening egg and hen checks. Pretty nice for just that, but man I would love to see them have a more robust unit. something that you could attach to the wall, a timer for the light, and maybe a bigger switch or even a pull switch on them as well.

When I get home from work today I'll take a few close-ups for you. The windows were pretty simple. I tacked chicken wire around the opening of the framed window then covered it with 1x4 trim. ( I ripped down one by six fence pickets from Home Depot. They cost around $1.50 versus the actual treated 1 x 4's which are nearly 5 dollars apiece.)

Back
Top Bottom