post your chicken coop pictures here!

That's exactly what I'm afraid of with my "bin brooder" I've set up. My tote bin is "clear" like yours, and I'm hoping that my little chihuahua Zoe can somewhat look at them and hopefully get used to them (not!) Anyways, while I'm waiting for the arrival of my chicks I sit and look at the brooder box thinking of things, etc., and then BINGO! To avoid what happened to you, finding your furbaby in the brooder, I'm going to take the lid that came with the tub and use a hole-cutter about 2-3" in width, and pop holes in the lid, cutting the lid off to accommodate the brooder light......voila!! End of potential problem. I'm even thinking that the coverage will also help maintain the right temp in the brooder, and little Zoe will not be able to get inside!
celebrate.gif
Ooooooo! No I'm sorry to mislead you.. I put him in there so he could have an upclose supervised short visit. He was scratching the outside of it and had been good with one in my hand up close, so I picked him up and put him in to see everything.. LOL...most of the chicks cuddled up away from him but that one who turner around and pecked him on the nose.. Couldn't have asked for anything better...he backed right up and wanted out. Not he will go in and look at them from the top rim but wants nothing to do with getting closer!! Wish I had had a camera when that happened!!! He is never in there without me. This is the first time I've had chicks so its new for him too.. would rather have him get used to them now and be around them growing up..

The problem I have is my tiny little Zoe is a bird fanatic! She goes out in the yard "on the hunt" for anything flying...not that she'd catch anything, but she's beserk over any kind of bird. I feed a covey of quail every afternoon, and after I throw the feed over the fence Zoe is just glued to the fence line...waiting....it's so funny to watch her antics. One day this past summer I all of a sudden had this feeling..."where's Zoe?" I looked and looked all over the place. I went outside onto the porch and looked off to the left and there she was, laying on her back, "watching" a couple of blue jays up in the tree!!! Wish I'd had a camera that day!! Best of luck with your little chickies...mine arrive April 8th...can't wait!!
wee.gif

The problem I have is my tiny little Zoe is a bird fanatic! She goes out in the yard "on the hunt" for anything flying...not that she'd catch anything, but she's beserk over any kind of bird. I feed a covey of quail every afternoon, and after I throw the feed over the fence Zoe is just glued to the fence line...waiting....it's so funny to watch her antics. One day this past summer I all of a sudden had this feeling..."where's Zoe?" I looked and looked all over the place. I went outside onto the porch and looked off to the left and there she was, laying on her back, "watching" a couple of blue jays up in the tree!!! Wish I'd had a camera that day!! Best of luck with your little chickies...mine arrive April 8th...can't wait!!
wee.gif
WOW!!! Sounds like you do have a problem...she has to be acclimated and taught with this little chicks.....sit, "NO" , etc. She will have to be on a leash for a while while you take care of the chickens and you may never be able to let her run free if the chickens are out. Its funny to have her so fanatical about "birds"! .....all it took at this time for mine was that one peck! I am going to keep getting him in there with them when I'm in there... not going to trust too quickly... Now I will tell you the funny about my situation. These 6 little EE are in a bin in a bedroom right next to the den that my hubby and I sit in to watch tv, etc.... WELL, he doesn't know they are in there!!!!! He is not a chicken friendly person....he's tolerating my chicken love thing.. but I have to have another coop for these and the ones coming in the end of this week!!! He knows they are coming. I have someone from church who is taking down an old shed and is going to build me a coop....but he hasn't started yet! Wonder how long I can keep these guys quiet???

Last edited:
Now I will tell you the funny about my situation. These 6 little EE are in a bin in a bedroom right next to the den that my hubby and I sit in to watch tv, etc.... WELL, he doesn't know they are in there!!!!! He is not a chicken friendly person....he's tolerating my chicken love thing.. but I have to have another coop for these and the ones coming in the end of this week!!! He knows they are coming. I have someone from church who is taking down an old shed and is going to build me a coop....but he hasn't started yet! Wonder how long I can keep these guys quiet???
lau.gif
Lol .. that is funny!
Maybe when he wakes up and mentions that he heard chicks peeping in his dreams you could convince him that obviously this is a sign that he actually is a chicken lover :)

WOW!!! Sounds like you do have a problem...she has to be acclimated and taught with this little chicks.....sit, "NO" , etc. She will have to be on a leash for a while while you take care of the chickens and you may never be able to let her run free if the chickens are out. Its funny to have her so fanatical about "birds"! .....all it took at this time for mine was that one peck! I am going to keep getting him in there with them when I'm in there... not going to trust too quickly... Now I will tell you the funny about my situation. These 6 little EE are in a bin in a bedroom right next to the den that my hubby and I sit in to watch tv, etc.... WELL, he doesn't know they are in there!!!!! He is not a chicken friendly person....he's tolerating my chicken love thing.. but I have to have another coop for these and the ones coming in the end of this week!!! He knows they are coming. I have someone from church who is taking down an old shed and is going to build me a coop....but he hasn't started yet! Wonder how long I can keep these guys quiet???
THAT is hilarious!! You'll have to update me when your better half figures out he's "been had" !!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom