post your chicken coop pictures here!

Here are a few pics of the coop that we started in the spring. Size is 10'x24' We are hopeful that we will be able to complete it this spring, but for now it is a work in progress. Plans are to run underground power and water to it once the weather is nicer. It has two rooms. The entry room is a feed storage area and will eventually have a sink and will have our temporary brooder in it this spring. Walls and ceiling are insulated and the flooring is the plastic wood deck boards. You can barely see our automated chicken door on the left. This opens into a 25'x50' run. On hind sight, we should have used 5 foot instead of 4 foot fencing though. The automatic chicken door on the timer works great. This is the south side of the coop. Upper windows provide great natural light and ventilation This is the coop side. We used an insulated garage door to make it easy to clean out the coop.
I Love your coop its beautiful! I saw it and thought wow that looks familiar! Then I saw your name LOL I'm your mail carrier! I hope the chick's that you got a week or two ago are doing well! ;)

Here's one of mine. Divided into 3 breeder pens 12x10 total. Based on the Purina coop plans...cost about $700. To build...the back of the coop has three large doors 4x4! To open for cleaning and the runs use the space under the coop as well.

:) thanks...I have pics of the building of it etc. But they are on my PC...when I get a chance I'm planning on posting them on a page here....

Back
Top Bottom