post your chicken coop pictures here!

We are in Utah so Yes we see our share of snow, all of the Upgrade tweek you have mention'd are in the plans, Especially the Linoleum, and been looking for a rubber strip for the hinge, as far as the feeders go , just barely found a moister issue at the bottom where the tube meets the elbow piece, I did not use glue there, I plan on silicon in the near future that should take care of that.(the overhang sound like a good Idea I will look into). Thanks for the Tips! I have learned a Bunch sifting through this site.

Rather than silicone why not just use PVC glue.... its literally instantaneous....

deb

We are in Utah so Yes we see our share of snow, all of the Upgrade tweek you have mention'd are in the plans, Especially the Linoleum, and been looking for a rubber strip for the hinge, as far as the feeders go , just barely found a moister issue at the bottom where the tube meets the elbow piece, I did not use glue there, I plan on silicon in the near future that should take care of that.(the overhang sound like a good Idea I will look into). Thanks for the Tips! I have learned a Bunch sifting through this site.

Also for a rubber strip for the hinge you can use an old bicycle tire inner tube cut to fit.... Something like that can be used to cover piano hinge too.

deb

The tubes are not the standard PVC, there are made from drain pipe for irrigation(much cheaper), not sure the PVC glue will work on it, is why I didn't use PVC glut there, I did use PVC glue where the 45 and 90 deg. elbows connected.

[/IMG] During the build!

That's an ambitious build.  Use some really good sealer/paint over that OSB both inside and outside.  Even wet chicken poop will crumble that OSB from the inside if not coated.  Would love to see your finished project!
I plan on putting a thin plastic floor in (thin cutting board material almost) so nothing will soak into the wood and clean up of the floor will be easy

I plan on putting a thin plastic floor in (thin cutting board material almost) so nothing will soak into the wood and clean up of the floor will be easy

That will be excellent. Be aware that some poop will hit walls too - not often but more often than you'd expect. A few previous posts had some suggestions on a SAFE black paint that moisture-proofed their interior coop walls/floors. An awning or extended roofline over the nestbox collection lid will be nice when collecting eggs in inclement weather to keep the nestbox material dry as we found out. Might as well catch up on all these suggestions before finishing your nice build.

Back
Top Bottom