post your chicken coop pictures here!

I built a few lean-tos out of discarded plywood and cinder blocks. An old truck bed liner added cover and a hawk hide but this new house will have full time access to a 8'x8' barn coop and covered run. A privacy fence and a patrol dog (who thinks she's a mamma hen) will keep ground predators out.

Last edited:

Still pretty bare on inside. Mostly 5 gallon buckets, 1 double nesting box and some pine saplings for roost. Have gotten lots of ideas from site.

Still a labor of love. Little at a time.

They don't need much inside! If you don't want poop all over the top of that wooden nest box, I suggest putting an angled roof on it. Given you have plenty of height, you might even make a storage unit with angled roof/lid. Maybe keep your 10 gallon metal can with lid and bail
wink.png
feed storage in there.

They don't need much inside!  If you don't want poop all over the top of that wooden nest box, I suggest putting an angled roof on it. Given you have plenty of height, you might even make a storage unit with angled roof/lid. Maybe keep your 10 gallon metal can with lid and bail ;)  feed storage in there.

I saw the nesting boxes with angled roofs. Am going to work in nestung area. Does make it easy to clean.

Ok... Ideas needed. I'm planning on keeping my new hatches inside for about 4-5 weeks and then put them outside in a secure run and have a brooder lamp set up in a custom homemade coop. This way they will get acclimated to the weather and introduced to the older birds. I usually wait until week 7 to put them out but with the new house my husband wants to try this outdoor brooder setup. Ideas?? They will NOT be able to reach the older birds for safety.

Last edited:

this is the new coup 10'x20' with vinyl flooring poop boards and buckets for nesting boxes timed lights automatic "pullet shut chicken door", french doors that I took from another job and one window that opens also from another job only 17 chickens currently but 50 more coming soon.

Back
Top Bottom