post your chicken coop pictures here!

To TJordan......bet the chuckens are enjoying being outside. I know mine do.
Nope
1f602.png
1f602.png
not at all These crazy 2 legged things keep feeding them clover.

I would not: those things cost hundreds of dollars and, and while "cute", are poorly constructed, with stapled on 1/4" pine wainscotting for walls ..... a hungry coon would get in there if he really wanted to .....  they are also too small for more than a couple of birds ..... 

one could do better with nothing more than a few repurposed pallets, a roll of hardware cloth,  a couple sheets of 3/8" plywood, some screws and a cordless drill.....

I agree too!! We bought one and we're building a regular coop this spring! My parents wanted something fast to move them out so we bought it on sale at TSC and they were outside permanently from 7 weeks but in and out for a week or two before that. We didn't think it was predator proof so removed the tiny run and put it inside an old dog kennel 6x12 we had. I would NOT trust it by itself. Its also maybe only 3x3 or less, hard to clean, and we have (8) 17 week old pullets in it right now. Way too small. Will be building a 4x8 coop and 8x50+ foot run in spring. Wish I would have done it from the beginning. And you bump it and the whole thing shifts. It looked way bigger in the pictures

Priceless.
yippiechickie.gif

Trying to figure out how to reply in posts and advance electronically on site...

The kids feeding chickens is too cute.

it took me four years....
gig.gif
And I have had computers since before hard drive days....
old.gif
Even built my first three.

The quotes button at the bottom will include a copy of the post you are responding to. (you can edit that post to highlite what you are responding to)

The double quotes button will let you click on numerous posts to respond to at once or individually down a page. When you are done clicking double quotes click on the reply button. Again you can edit out redundant conversation.

To simply comment on what someone has said and yet let them know you have done it..... Type the @ symbol followed by the user id you are commenting on. BYC will fill it in for you ..... @perchie.girl will pop me an emial that says you mentioned me.

Oh and all that said.... When you respond the post goes to the last position in the thread... If you need to go back to where you started locate the covnersation symbol of the person you posted to It should look like this Just click on the symbol after the name.

Unfortunately you cannot post to the site unless you open the site

I really like the design of this coop. Can you share the plans for this coop or where you got the plans for this coop?
We are having a hard time finding some kind of plans/design to go on this being our first coop.

Thanks for the help/advice.

Back
Top Bottom