post your chicken coop pictures here!

added a walkway today..my dogs love to poop on my route....ugh

Now that's a nice tractor, How hard (or easy) is that to move?

It arrived weighing approx 675 lbs including the pallet that the 4 walls of the coop and 3 walls of the run came on - included wheel package, nestboxes, 2 metal chicken treadle feeders, 2 slide out floor trays (one for winter, one for summer), roof pieces, 5 perches, solar night eyes, floor support bars, and a few packages of nuts, bolts, and screws. This is what it looked like unpacked in the garage before assembling:

It takes two men to roll this coop around the yard. It is not meant to be a mobile coop but we bought the heavy duty wheel package so we could move the coop around the yard during our remodeling. It is made out of TuffShed type construction and no one but a Grizzly Bear would be able to move or tear this thing apart. The online video shows one man wheeling this Barn Coop around a field but in our tiny backyard such maneuverability is limited with tight turns and lots of obstacles. We use the wheels only for moving the coop out of the way during remodeling, painting, or repairs on the house. Our Barn Coop measures 4'Lx4'Wx6'H with an optional attached 4x4 kennel wire run. We ordered it custom-made to our specifications and did not order all that comes with the coop yet added other options that we liked. No coop that comes pre-built had everything I wanted but this was the closest one to meet our needs. I wouldn't trust the Barn Coop to sun, rain, or snow, because I don't care how well-built a coop is they all wear, warp, or leak eventually so we built a roof over ours. Nice to be under a roof when gathering eggs in the rain.
http://www.chickencondos.com/

took more time than i expected but enjoyed every step of it...

Lovely coop! Enjoyment! that's the whole objective of chickeneering! Heads up, don't be surprised if your hens go stir-crazy even in a nice pen -- we found out after a month our first 2 little Silkies went stir-crazy and wanted to free-range. 6 yrs later we don't pen them up any more but have a lot of shelters, doghouses, bushes, lawn furniture, etc around the yard for them to hide/snooze -- they only use the coop to lay eggs or roost for the night.

Back
Top Bottom