Post your citron - lemon - silver D'uccle projects, especially chick photos!

Silver....OR....Gold.....OR.....nothing

• Silver

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Gold

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Normal

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
Keep in mind that the white color is not the base color. there very well could be a base color the white is covering up. So, yippee! AND, keep in mind that two copies of silver will turn a bird white, so you may have a silver something or other. Good project!

Here's the little lemon silkie, the first lemon born on my farm! He has dark head feathers, blackish/brownish/gray.

Here are some other lemons to enjoy...

Lemon Spangled Hamburg

Lemon roo, silkie/d'uccle cross. Needs a home because he's not in my breeding program. He also has two blue genes.

Beautiful lemon hen, she throws the nicest chicks.

I have several new lemon babies, this is a nice roo I will be using on my mille girls. He's the very lemony chick that was at the start of this thread. this picture doesn't do the lemon justice.

Update on color project-
I do only the D'uccle for show. Everything else is just a backyard chicken for egg production for my neighbors. I do have a color project going. it's bringing the lemon coloration to the d'uccles. Here is the color I'm striving for, and what is currently in the d'uccles at present. The bright yellow roo is a 1st gen cross, so it needs to go back a few more times to get my d'uccles back to SOP. But here they are.

these are badly faded buffs, all breeds. I'm trying for a non-fading buff, as well as the lemon.

this is a beautiful, non-fading buff.

This is the lemon factor...

lemon roo with faded buff

all lemons, with a silver dun

comparison shot

more lemons with the non fading color. The light one isn't faded, just has a high degree of white mixed in. t\This is him as a baby, very bright yellow, even as a chick!

more comparisons

my lemons with reg mille fleurs.

Here's the little lemon silkie, the first lemon born on my farm! He has dark head feathers, blackish/brownish/gray.

Here are some other lemons to enjoy...

Lemon Spangled Hamburg

Lemon roo, silkie/d'uccle cross. Needs a home because he's not in my breeding program. He also has two blue genes.

Beautiful lemon hen, she throws the nicest chicks.

if shipping didnt cost so much i would love that silkie/d'uccle cross roo

Back
Top Bottom