Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our very first egg. No idea who laid it. I have barred rocks, Easter eggers, golden sexlinks and silkies. Is this white, spotted coating normal? I am such a proud momma!

I got so much help from this website. At 15 weeks they were starting to get big, red combs. That's when I got the nesting boxes ready and put a couple golf balls in. I wouldn't have been ready if it hadn't been for this wonderful site!

My girls are 15 weeks and we got our first egg today. Better build our nesting boxes too!

First Egg ... Woot'

Then the next day, three more while my wife and I were building their nesting boxes.

For Comparison, a penny, nickle, and dime

Had to put them up, they were getting restless. Need to research on size and distance for a perch for the nesting boxes.

Finally got eggs! Hum ... about $200 apiece ... But they are fun to watch. On a side note, starting to raise black soldier fly larva... So much to learn.

Happy 4th all !

Terry

I just wanted everyone to know that all is well and after the heat wave, it's still hot but not like the last couple of days. All my layers gifted me with eggs today, including Madonna, our 14yr old. She is laying under a work bench (4) so far. That's 10 eggs for her in the past 2 weeks. LaLa and ChaCha that layed the funny shell less laid great eggs too. Betty, Madonna, Jessica, ChaCha and LaLa....much better day for my girls...
I'm sorry, did you say Madonna is 14 YEARS old???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom