Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 1st set of ameraucanas were A pink layer and a white layer and a green layer (siblings)- that's when I figured out I had paid a lot of money for EEs.
But they're faithful layers (more eggs than the ameraucana) and so colorful they are the main attraction for visitors :)

I have a new (to me) pair of birds at POL , a marans and a black "ameraucana"...I can't wait to see eggs from them!

Last edited:

First Welsummer egg??? Almost 22 weeks. Yay!!!

In the past 6 weeks, my flock of 25 layers (some older) I have went from 12 eggs a day to zippo yesterday. I know they take a break , and I have tons of feathers all over. But it's strange to go out to check the nests and find just golf balls
barnie.gif

Our little 22 week old easter egger's first egg laid on 9/11. We got about 5 total and now apparently she has decided to find a private place to lay her eggs. I've looked and looked. Today, i tried to keep her in the coop, but about noon i felt sorry for her and let her out with her flock. About an hour later i heard her squawking the "i've laid an egg song." Again, I searched, but no luck. Tomorrow, she goes back into solitary.

This was our Golden Egg, first ever and the beauty who laid it has been named Onesy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom