Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

First silkie started laying this week! Of course we were out of town hunting. She waited, I know it! It's the cute little creamy one on top.
smile.png
Knew someone was practicing an egg song before we left...tricky little breed for sure.

So cool! I was at my cabin moose hunting when my hens first started laying.Had 5 first eggs when I got home.

it is always a little more thrilling when you gather multiple eggs from new hens. The more the better! With winter coming on our hens are starting to drop the daily total some days, it ranges from 5 to 8 eggs from 8 laying hens!

We had 13 laying a few weeks ago and were getting 5-6 eggs a day. We added light. Now we get an average of 12-14 eggs a day. 17 laying out of about 35 hens. All different breeds. My egg basket is turning into everything we wanted!
1f60d.png

We found our first egg yesterday! FINALLY (they are 29-30 weeks old)! It looks fertilized to us. What do y'all think?

I'm no expert, but from pics of fertilized eggs and ours not being fertilized as we do not have a roo, it looks fertilized to me. also, do u have a roo?

First silkie started laying this week! Of course we were out of town hunting. She waited, I know it! It's the cute little creamy one on top. :) Knew someone was practicing an egg song before we left...tricky little breed for sure.
Hey! Looks just like my daily gathering of eggs! I love having so many colors, it's delightful! Your eggs are speggtacular!
1f604.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom