Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
we got our first egg day before yesterday and one yesterday. They are so cute and tiny. From one of my BRs. I know because she is the only one who squats when I go in the pen.
[/IMG]

That just means your are close.... Stop worrying about it, we did and a couple of days later BOOM! Eggs....

Just received word that we got our very first egg this morning (would have to happen while I'm working). Our 19 week old Gold Star, Nugget. FWIW, there was no squatting, or no egg song rehearsals. A couple of birds have inspected the nest boxes since I opened them up 3 weeks ago, but I've never seen anyone spend significant time there. Needless to say, I'll be spending some time in the area over the weekend...

Don't worry. They will start laying when they are good and ready. I have had some of my Heritage breed that didn't start laying until they were around 36 weeks but most start laying by around 24 weeks. Some will start sooner and some will start later.

I can't wait aanymore. I'm about to pull an egg out of one of them myself! Mine have never checked out the nest boxes! I have younger ones that squat when I pet them, the big girls.....nooooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom