Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is a first egg we found in our nest box today. We have 3 others already laying. This one appears to have some blood on it. We haven't had any thing like this before. One or two with a little poo but this is new. Anybody know what we should look for as far as illness? All girls are eating, drinking, behaving as they normally do. could it be from the tomatoe scraps they ate yesterday?
No worries. GC

Got my first egg!!
1f604.png
The white one is the very last store egg I have. 1 down- 9 to go! Was under the roost, so threw the golf ball's back in the nest boxes.
I sometimes find an egg under the roost in the morning. I have 4/5 inches of straw under the roost to cushion the fall, cause sometimes you just gotta lay that egg while on the roost at night. GC

Got our first good shelled cockoo Marans egg (technically her second egg)!! Yay it's like a speckled caramel color.

Egg on the right is from my one other hen that is laying. I think our next girl will be our Sicilian Buttercup.
Here is Marge our new layer. She is my lap chicken.

My kids were SCREAMING with joy when we got our first egg from our Aracauna mix. So fun. We've yet to see a second though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom