Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was the first from my white leghorn yesterday. About 22 weeks old.

I think this is a first egg from one of my August chicks (not sure which one).

The only one of my April hens that lays a colored egg is Muffins, and hers are a bit bigger and more greenish. I won't be sure until I see one of hers alongside though. The August flock are all around 24-25 weeks old now.

My goodness! Either you have really small hands or your chickens are half goose. Those are HUGE! Especially that blue one.

Thank you!!! The blue one if from Mars an EE!!! They are huge!! Everyone she lays are just gigantic! Even her first one and it was clean and beautiful! LOL not a very big bird either! :)

I think I may know who is laying the new blue eggs! I was in the coop today finishing off the new cabinet lid, the hens all roaming around me, squawking and pecking as they usually do, and I reached out to pet Smokey. Well instead of running away like they all usually do she squatted down, wings all spread out,her tail raised and let me pet her!
D.gif

Last edited:
Tweety's first egg. She hasn't missed a single day of laying since then. Today though I think she is attempting to lay 2 eggs - she laid one and is still in a butt-up position and panting - so I think she has one more coming. What a gal!

First egg from our easter egger Yolki! She is 7 months old and started laying three months after our same aged red sex link. Great to have more than one chicken laying!
Pretty eggs! Hey, is that spiral do-hicky made for eggs, or something else, like potatoes? I'd love one! Where could I find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom