Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my 18 week old gold sex link
Ancona layed one today too but off the roost and it broke.
This brown egg from the sex link is pretty big for a first egg I think she will lay really big ones down the road.
Sorry about the poor photo quality.

2 ounces-Is that big for a first egg??

From my 18 week old gold sex link
Ancona layed one today too but off the roost and it broke.
This brown egg from the sex link is pretty big for a first egg I think she will lay really big ones down the road.
Sorry about the poor photo quality.

2 ounces-Is that big for a first egg??

My red sex links have been laying for about a week and they have always laid 1.5 -2 ounces eggs.

Here's mine! Any idea what breed? I have one of each of these: Buff Orpington, White Orpington, Light Brahma, 3 Americanas, Columbian Wyandotte, Black Giant, Black Australorp, Black Cochin, Blue laced red wyandotte, Salmon Faverolles, and a white/buff orpington cross. It is tiny and creamy white. Are the first ones always so small?

Here's mine! Any idea what breed? I have one of each of these: Buff Orpington, White Orpington, Light Brahma, 3 Americanas, Columbian Wyandotte, Black Giant, Black Australorp, Black Cochin, Blue laced red wyandotte, Salmon Faverolles, and a white/buff orpington cross. It is tiny and creamy white. Are the first ones always so small?
They will get bigger in a few weeks :) My first are always so small and get bigger in a time of a few weeks.

Our first egg ever from our Red Sexlink Sunshine (the goober in the front). My oldest son was so excited over it. The boys just passed it back and forth looking at it and didn't even want to put it in the fridge. Sunshine laid every day from June 30, for 22 days, skipped one day, and has kept on since. My other Red sexlink Cheep and one of my black sexlinks Lorelai started laying about a week and a half later, and my big Black Sexlink Lucy laid her first egg a week after that. My Red sexlinks have laid bigger eggs and more consistently than my black sexlinks, but right now I'm getting about an egg from each every day. And we love it!

First egg for me and 18 week old buff orp

:) That's so kewl, I love the kids' reactions, my kids still love going to het eggs, I thought it would wear off..it doesn't hehehe
Our first egg ever from our Red Sexlink Sunshine (the goober in the front). My oldest son was so excited over it. The boys just passed it back and forth looking at it and didn't even want to put it in the fridge. Sunshine laid every day from June 30, for 22 days, skipped one day, and has kept on since. My other Red sexlink Cheep and one of my black sexlinks Lorelai started laying about a week and a half later, and my big Black Sexlink Lucy laid her first egg a week after that. My Red sexlinks have laid bigger eggs and more consistently than my black sexlinks, but right now I'm getting about an egg from each every day. And we love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom