Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 eggs within 2 days!! We are so excited. The chickens are all of a sudden really loud and they all seem to be more verbal than ever. We are pretty sure of one of the layers but are not sure who else is contributing... Guess all of our hard work has paid off!!

yippee! Nellie, the Buff Orpington, laid her first egg!!! It's the lightest colored one in this pic. 44gr! Bigger than today's egg from my cuckoo marans, who's been laying for several weeks! The medium is from Janet, the Barred Rock, and the darkest is from Millie (cuckoo marans). It's our first Three Egg day!

Now the other five need to get their acts together!

Got our very first eggs 2 days ago. One in the nesting box and one outside on the ground in their run. I have 4 barred rock and 4 rhode island red, they are just 17 weeks old. Don't know who laid them.
They laid one outside today and it rolled off and broke. They were all eating it (gross) now I am worried that they will peck the eggs in the nesting boxes. Any suggestions?

Got our very first eggs 2 days ago. One in the nesting box and one outside on the ground in their run. I have 4 barred rock and 4 rhode island red, they are just 17 weeks old. Don't know who laid them. They laid one outside today and it rolled off and broke. They were all eating it (gross) now I am worried that they will peck the eggs in the nesting boxes. Any suggestions?
Congrats!! To stop from pecking eggs. Place golf balls in their laying areas to stop that behavior. It worked well for ours. Good luck!!

Got the first dozen eggs from our youngsters yesterday. Only 3-4/16 have started but hopefully the rest will start soon.
Their eggs look so cute in the carton.

Congrats and thanks for the tip about the golf balls. I think only one of ours has started as there has only been one a day and today there was none. Hopefully they will all soon be laying.

This morning I went out to feed our girl's , I checked the nest boxes and my heart just jumped with joy. Our first egg,
wee.gif
small but formed nice and good hard shell.
Not sure which one laid the egg , so I put our game camera in the coop . I hope to see which one laid the egg, or who will lay the next egg.
My Buff Orpingtons are the oldest they are twenty four weeks old. Then the GLW are 22 wks. Jersey Giants are 20 wks. and the EE are 19 wks.

This is the picture of our first egg, can't wait to see what we get in the morning.
yippiechickie.gif
yesss.gif

Our last Easter Egger, Willow, joined the ranks this morning. She laid us a beautiful lavender egg! It's the lower one in the photo next to Hazel's cream colored egg for comparison. The pic doesn't really do it justice! My girls are 24 weeks now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom