Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
my second day! another blue one and i guess she encouraged another girl cause one is brown
smile.png

so pretty!

After a few white eggs from my 2 leghorns, they all of a sudden stopped laying, I thought. I checked all over the yard, nothing. Then today, I found 8 white eggs in the ferns (I did check there!). So, now I say lock them in the coop a few days to retrain them, But my husband says to just check that spot every day. What do you think?
I have found that mine get mad and dont lay as well when I lock them in. I had a few girls do this for a while, (lay in the raspberry bushes) but they eventually figured it out. I still have one that likes to lay in the drain gutter box, so I just check there when I dont find one of hers in the nesting box.

i may hatch some eggs later, and i will definitly eat some..but so far i just left them in the little nest they made to maybe encourage them to lay more and in the right spot. plus maybe i can get a broody quail even though that is pretty rare.
i bought some mod podge last night so i can blow out and preserve the first blue n brown eggs.

i may hatch some eggs later, and i will definitly eat some..but so far i just left them in the little nest they made to maybe encourage them to lay more and in the right spot. plus maybe i can get a broody quail even though that is pretty rare.
i bought some mod podge last night so i can blow out and preserve the first blue n brown eggs.
I did preserve also, lots of fun

Ok so at 6 am I let them into the "extended pen" which gives them more room outside but still attached to the coop. By 8 am I had a white egg in the correct nesting box. Then at 8 am I let them out, and went to work. At 5:30 pm I checked again and I had another white egg in the nesting box. I only have 2 whites leghorns. Could it be that easy to retrain them? Or just a fluke. I think I'll try it again for 2 more days and see what happens. They don't like being cooped up during the day even in the extended pen, but after 30 minutes or so they settle down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom