Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Hampshire X at 16 weeks less a day.

We got our first egg or should I say 2 eggs then 1 next day. Today is day three so we will see what we get. We have 4 RIR and 2 EE that were exactly 150 days old when the first eggs arrived.

August 15 - our first egg!! We found a second one that evening and thought it was from the same hen, but now think it might have been her "sister" (same breed and we bought them together). We are continuing to get two eggs per day and think the other hens are close - we have 6 hens total.

The hen on the left is one of the egg-layers - we are unsure of her breed. I'm sure the gal at the feedstore told us, but neither my husband and I can remember.

Isn't it eggsciting? I think the first eggs are smaller than their eventual ordinary size. My girls seem to get just a smidgeon bigger every day. I don't think the same pullet can lay two eggs any sooner than 27 hours apart, so you're probably right. Her sister most likely laid the second one. Whatever kind of chickens you have, you'll enjoy them!
thumbsup.gif

I love my chickens so much!! Way better than therapy imho.

Today I got 3 eggs, but one of the blue eggs was 2x as big as the eggs normally are. I think/hope Nell is going to start laying soon.

I seem to have misplaced the golf ball that is normally in the nesting boxes.. I was cleaning out the coop and run today.

I love my chickens so much!! Way better than therapy imho.

Today I got 3 eggs, but one of the blue eggs was 2x as big as the eggs normally are. I think/hope Nell is going to start laying soon.

I seem to have misplaced the golf ball that is normally in the nesting boxes.. I was cleaning out the coop and run today.
Maybe it has two yolks?

First eggs yesterday! 8/23/14. They're 22 weeks and a RIR was sitting on them but I think the brown leghorns might have actually laid them. We found a third egg when we checked on them before bedtime! Wow! 3 on the first day! @c9flybyu

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom