Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

My wife holding our first bantam egg. We have 4 belguims and 4 silkie hens....we also have 4 roosters and 6 welsh harlequin ducklings.

WhootWhoot! It finally happened! We were on vacation during the weekend, and we found these in the coop

I think it was either Gloria or Hazel that played it, Gloria is the the rsl

And Still Getting More Eggs Even Have A Big One From Same Age Hens Registered Extra Large On Egg Scale Will Post Pics Later

Sad to inform everyone; that my BSL has been missing for 4 days now. I think a predator got her free ranging and she WAS my first and only layer! :( I had one other one lay after her but since her first she hasn't given me any more. :( Wishing you all good news! Sorry to ruin anyone's day!

Sorry for your loss, Spitzboyz. That is so sad.

My other girl laid her first egg today, but I am worried because it looks like the point of the tip was covered in some blood- the egg was kind of oblong with more of a point to it. I noticed she was sitting in the nest box a few times yesterday and again today, so maybe it's just the first one was really hard for her? It wasn't poo, it was definitely streaked with blood on the tip and the rest was clean. Sorry, no pic as my camera phone is on the charger and I kind of freaked out and scrubbed the egg a bit when I got it in the house. My other girl is laying regularly, although I think she was waiting for the box so long she laid one on the floor as she has been good at laying in the box. There is a definite difference in the look of the already laying pullet eggs and what I found in the box today- smaller, more pointy at one end, and a bit bloody. Anyone else have happen with the first egg? Should I be concerned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom