Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my very first egg on Friday. the picture makes it look white, but it is a really really light greenish color.

Definitely came from one of my EEs, not sure which one and then the very next day I had a wonderful brown egg from my Red sex link. I have had the EEs since June (5 altogether) and then the other 5 I have I've had since the tail end of July. So happy to be finally getting eggs. I have gotten six since Friday three from each bird that is laying. Hopefully the other 8 freeloaders will start any time now.

Ruby, my RIR, laid her first today! Right in the nesting box and an enthusiastic egg song afterwards.

It's 1.8 oz and and evenly toned. I'm a proud mama!

Finally got my very first egg last night! She laid it up where they have started to roost instead of in the nest boxes, but nonetheless it's an egg! Heres a pic of her and the little bundle of eggcitement!

I love the rainbow assortment of eggs.

It's good to see the different eggs according to breed. I must say... The Black Copper Maran eggs are impressive -love the color. I'd love to have one of those hens.

I just wanted to mention that a few weeks ago my husband came running into the house with an egg. He was so excited... but... I had to let him down. It was a porcelain egg that I had put in the nest box. It was so funny... He immediately took a sharpie and put a black dot on the end of it so that he would not make that mistake again.

Merry Christmas to me from my favorite hen "Monster". Found these this morning on my back porch table. Guess I'm locking the girls in the coop for a couple weeks to get her laying in her box. Her first eggs were beauties!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom