Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First egg from my beautiful pita pinta Odette.

Thank you! She is by far the tamest one of the flock--something I have found consistently true with PCs over the years. She's so up in my grill most of the time that I have to be really careful not to step on her.

Or it just may be that she can't see well enough to get out of the way.

I had to laugh when I realized there was a "new egg pix" thread here. I've been the butt of much eye-rolling by my grown kids about all things chicken ("Mom, you tell everyone. We'll be in the grocery store, and they'll be like, 'That'll be $16.99,' and you'll say, 'Here you go. I have chickens!'") and taking pictures of my first eggs and texting them to everyone was the last straw for them.

Ha ha, kids, I have found my peeple.

I had to laugh when I realized there was a "new egg pix" thread here. I've been the butt of much eye-rolling by my grown kids about all things chicken ("Mom, you tell everyone. We'll be in the grocery store, and they'll be like, 'That'll be $16.99,' and you'll say, 'Here you go. I have chickens!'") and taking pictures of my first eggs and texting them to everyone was the last straw for them.

Ha ha, kids, I have found my peeple.

I have pictures and pictures of my chickens on my phone, lots of them, But to be fair I do keep a picture of each grandchild and my turkeys and guineas.

My first today. In the dirt. Can't try it since I wormed them last week. I have 4 barnvelders hatched June 9th.

the store bought are extra large.
I may have to lock them in coop for a bit if they don't take to the nest boxes. Glad to have the forum to show off such things!

Last edited:
23 weeks today and still waiting, although I noticed that all their combs and little wattles are screaming red! Like me after getting into the salsa, or my sister after a day at the beach!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom