Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

My sweet little Roxy started making a nest and snuggling into it this morning!!!
big_smile.png

20 minutes later.... Roxy stood up and showed off her very first egg!
clap.gif
At first she seemed very confused, and started pecking it and rolling it around, trying to figure out what kind of weird poop it was... Eventually she ended up running away from it in fear...
lau.gif

And here is a picture of my very first egg ever as a chicken owner!
wee.gif
It is a very small egg that is light brown with some white specks. (please tell me the eggs get bigger...
fl.gif
)

yesss.gif
One of our lovely Welsummers born in July FINALLY decided to gift us with this beautiful egg yesterday! What a gorgeous egg it was! Can't wait for more ladies!
D.gif

This was our first egg
smile.png
It was laid on February 6th.

Our girls are NOT laying right now, and they refuse to come out of their coop! I think they're blaming the snow and freezing temperatures on us! LOL!!!
roll.png

I feel for you and your chickens.

Over here on the west side of the country where we normally have snow by the foot this time of the year we are having an early spring. Mama hen is suddenly wanting to lay anywhere except the nest boxes.

It may also depend on the type of chicken. My RIRs lay medium pale brown eggs while my two golden buffs lay nice large and extra large dark brown eggs.

Black Australorp...She made a huge fuss for 20 minutes before and by the end sounded like she was being killed. Finally she took off running to the nest box and then announced for 5 minutes that she had laid a beautiful egg. I tell you, it's as if she had laid all three by herself.
lol.png
Such a silly girl.

Hahahaha! Congratulations.....it's funny how some days there's hardly a peep and on others they won't stop with the pre egg chirping and the egg song for a long long time.....

Hahahaha! Congratulations.....it's funny how some days there's hardly a peep and on others they won't stop with the pre egg chirping and the egg song for a long long time.....

Exactly! We usually don't hear much at all from our two girls that lay. That's why it was so obvious yesterday. She gave us an earful.
clap.gif

Hey all, first time poster here. My gf and I have just adopted 3 laying hens along with our 6 pullets. Just last week we got our first egg! From our black copper maran, Malon:

1uQ0EWU.jpg

Then a few days later we got one from Olivia the olive egger, I hope they get bigger :)

hh7fttf.jpg

Last to come in was Romani the barred rock:

XRt4zYP.jpg

And then this happened just yesterday:

KCLzoGX.jpg

The lower bluer egg was still warm when I found it. We're suspecting it's from one of the other girls, either our easter egger Molly or our araucana Sophia. I betted on Molly and the gf on Sophia. Winner gets treated to sushi :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom