Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 8 hens & they just turned 18 weeks old yesterday. Today one of my Barred Rocks laid an egg!!! (I have 2 BR's).
I am thrilled. I just put fake eggs in the nest boxes yesterday. Today I went out to the chicken house at 3pm & found BR setting in nest.
At 630pm I found her egg.

I have the following: 3 RIR, 2 BR, 1 Wyandotte, 1 BlackA, 1 BuffO. All except one BR and the BO have red combs so maybe I'll be getting more eggs soon.
I really wasn't expecting eggs at 18 weeks but I am happy they've started laying. I started Purina Layena pellets yesterday & I'll add calcium in a side dish tomorrow.

Here's a pic of the egg along with a fake egg and a bought egg. Her egg was small but perfect. I'm thinking as time goes on the eggs will be larger.

Kay in NC 9.2.15

We have 4 hens that are about 16 weeks old. I found OUR FIRST EGG on the ground this morning when I went to do my morning check in. :)

First egg! Hens are 19 weeks old. Not sure who laid it, Barred Rock has biggest, bright red comb, RIR has been doing the most squatting.

This is a pic of our first double yolk!

Got our first egg last Friday from our Golden Sex Link, and she has laid every day since!

She is about 20 weeks old.

This morning, I heard very loud squawking coming from the coop and I RAN, afraid a predator had managed to get in. All 3 hens were talking and sort of running about. Not sure I would call it a song. A wonderful gift from sweet Willow, my BR hen, the youngest of the hens. And the shell is hard and perfect. Sooooooo thrilled!!! Our FIRST ever egg!!!!

She chose the nest box with wood shavings and rose petals vs the straw.
She and my EE were in the box together earlier this morning. She has been squatting for me for a week.

Very funny cartoon in the Tribune by Mikael Wuff and Anders Morganthaler .
Farmer says to his chicken, "What are you talking about? Just lay eggs!"
Hen replies, "No! I want an epidural." I empathize!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom