Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's too funny! Like a chicken egg-bomb! Sadly, there is a board at the front of the nest box, but the person who built the coop put the bottom of the boxes on the same level as the coop floor, so either we don't put any shavings in the coop, or it turns out to be the same depth. :( Was planning to build another coop bit lost my job 3 days before Christmas, so now we have to wait. Grr!

That's too funny! Like a chicken egg-bomb! Sadly, there is a board at the front of the nest box, but the person who built the coop put the bottom of the boxes on the same level as the coop floor, so either we don't put any shavings in the coop, or it turns out to be the same depth. :( Was planning to build another coop bit lost my job 3 days before Christmas, so now we have to wait. Grr!

Mine are just about level with the floor also. I put straw in them and hung a curtain in front and so far she isn't kicking any out, even without a board. Try straw and/or a curtain.

Last edited:

My first 3 eggs... The green are from Yzma. Brown from Penny, my black laced red

So we added two ducks to our chickens yesterday and I found this next to the feeder this morning when I went to give them their breakfast. That was fast!! I must have made them feel welcome!!

Ps they are adult female runner ducks. I wasn't given an age.

So can I safely assume that my white silkie was the layer, since she was the one standing in the doorway doing the chicken song? I had thought she'd be my latest one to get started. But, no eggs since Friday does make me wonder...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom