Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amiti, What a pretty picture!! Just look at the different colors--verrrrry nice! Thanks for sharing... Kay in NC.. 2.1.16

I think one of my Easter Eggers laid their first egg, a soft shell egg, while they were roosting.

They are 30 weeks now.
It was my EE Cyndi, she laid two more eggs. (picture of her at 26 weeks, now 31 weeks)

Can't wait to see what color the other two EE's lay.

Well if you're going to lay your first egg, you might as well go all out!! Ouch!!!!!

That poor girl!

Didn't know she was laying! It had rained so much I wasn't able to clean the coop like I wanted! First sunny day and I had a huge surprise waiting! Not sure which one was "first" but definitely a surprise! Let me also say that this EE is the most productive hen I have.

Here is another question, Mt BR has been laying now since the 21st. She'll lay one or two, take a couple days off, lay one or two. All very small. Then yesterday I got a normal - sized egg and thought. "WOOHOO!" But now today, another small egg! How long until she evens out?

Here are some of my ladies first eggs, this is when I first discovered that my Barred Rocks were actually California Greys. LOL, I was not expecting any white eggs!

And when my Welsummer started laying, if you can see the little egg in the palm of my hand it's REALLY tiny. I didn't think it was an egg at first. Sadly she's gone now, I miss her, she was one of my favorites and she had beautiful darker brown eggs.

Here is the egg all by itself on my fingers

Then once she got better at laying they were bigger and a little darker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom