Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this in the nesting box just now! I am not sure who laid it. One of my Orpingtons was in the nesting box scratching the straw around earlier, but no eggs at that time. And the Orpingtons are only 17 weeks old. The others just turned 18 weeks, so I'm probably lucky someone is already laying so early. This is super exciting.

Found this tiny green egg yesterday. The egg next to it is my normal small green egg from one of my polish RR mix. The tiny one is about 1" tall and so cute. A bit darker green than the others and it was from one of my Auracana hens that is only 16 weeks and one day old!

Longest 20 weeks of my life but we have a layer. Assuming it was my Rhode Island Red. I candled it and it's a fart egg but I'm still happy. I know the other 16 will be following shortly.

Our 17 week old White Leghorn won the race. We have a flock of 35 mixed breeds all different ages. She was one of the oldest....longest 17 weeks ever. I suspect her siblings and my black austrolorps to be right behind her any week now.

1st egg. A small one but no complaints. Exactly 4 months for the first, so I expect the others to follow soon.

First egg from white leghorn @15 wks old, fascinating she knows what to do. Went to the nests laid her small egg and went to eat and drink. Always exciting!

Here's the first week eggs of the New Layers Club, especially the Easter Eggers.

First egg from white leghorn @15 wks old, fascinating she knows what to do. Went to the nests laid her small egg and went to eat and drink. Always exciting!

Here's the first week eggs of the New Layers Club, especially the Easter Eggers.

Mine are white leghorns. Our first EGG was about that size. But I hear they get larger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom